Saturday 18 April 2015

Warm Thoughts

Hello lovelies!

After a day in the garden tidying, pruning and then jet washing the greenhouse ready for this year's crop of tomatoes, cucumbers, chillies and sweet peppers, I am pooped! At one point I ended up wetter than the greenhouse. *Note to self - don't jet wash a corner from a certain angle.

My girls had a whale of a time following me round the garden picking through all the stuff I'd pruned. Of course they supervised the whole operation. The only thing is, the neat piles of garden waste ended up over most of the garden.

It was so lovely to see the greenhouse all clean and sparkly, plus the wood patio set is out again and ready for its feed of teak oil.

Now onto to crafty matters. I mentioned in a past post that I had a backlog of cards that I'd made, well one of these was for my mum. On March 31st it would have been my mum and dad's 48th wedding anniversary. 

I think this day upsets my mum more than any other since my dad died because it was something that they shared as a couple. Just to let her know that I was thinking of her, I made a simple, elegant card...



What you need...

Stamps: Utopia - Kaisercraft; Sentiment Sampler - Paper Smooches
Card stock: black, white
Ink pad: Onyx Black - Versafine
Promarkers: Azure, Ice Grey 1
Gems: turquoise

What you do...

Stamp the floral motif onto white card and colour in. 
Mat onto the front of a top fold A6 blank made from black card.
Stamp the sentiment at the top and finish with a couple of gems.

My mum thought the card was lovely. I'm sure dad would have too :o)

I've had the Utopia stamp set in my stash for a few years now. With a good bit of detective work I'm sure you may still find one or two out there in cyberspace to buy!

Thank you stopping by and I'll be back soon. TTFN! x

post signature

No comments: